Registration is open:
Modern Exodus Passover Seder:
Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm
- Meaningful and original humanistic service celebrating passover & our familys' exodus stories
- Song-leading by Ben Brussell
- partial potluck, partial catered meal
Here is a link to download our 2015 registration form. Don't delay--take advantage of our early registration rates.
We Kol Hadash humanists claim Judaism as our own.
- Do you appreciate saying what you mean, and meaning what you say at Jewish services?
- Do you appreciate a community where your intermarried and nontraditional family is welcome to belong?
- Is being among like-minded humanists a relief and a pleasure to you?
Then perhaps we are YOUR community too. Are you the one-in-five Jewish Americans who is not a believer, as described in the latest Pew Research Center's study? We are proud to observe Judaism in a manner that makes sense to us. We understand Judaism in the context of human history, and we renew our culture in the context of humanism. Please join us! Check out our services and events on our calendar page, and support us with your membership.
Kol Hadash Family Havurah to start this fall!
All families who are raising Jewish secular humanist children and grandchildren are invited to attend and help develop community. With our rich Jewish culture and shared values, and our wonderful children and grandchildren, we will grow a warm, nurturing and imaginative group for friendship, learning and growth. If you would like to be notified of our first meeting and future meetings, please Email us.
Interested in Humanistic Judaism but don't live close enough to Kol Hadash?
If you join Kol Hadash, we can connect you with members in your area, or help you start a Kol Hadash havurah for members who live near you.
For those of you who live in other areas of Northern California who are interested in starting a humanistic congregation, we encourage you to join the (national) Society for Humanistic Judaism, as you will receive technical assistance and support in nurturing the growth of your new community.