You Don't Have to Be a Traditional Jew to Share in Jewish Tradition
There are many good reasons for joining a congregation. Are you seeking a community to share celebrations as well as difficult times? Looking for a place to observe the New Year and Passover, a place where you don’t have to choose between your intellect and your heart?
By becoming a member of Kol Hadash, you will:
- Support the only congregation for Humanistic Judaism in the Bay Area
- Celebrate Shabbat, holiday and life-cycle events in a community that shares your values
- Have the opportunity to join our havurot (friendship groups) and other social groups in the Bay Area
- Attend New Years services without charge, as will your parents.
- Receive our e-newslettereach month with activities and news
- Pay reduced fees to attend our Passover Seder
- Become a member of the national Society for Humanistic Judaism and receive their quarterly publication Humanistic Judaism
- Become involved in Social Justice efforts with other humanistic Jews
- Have the opportunity to make real contributions as a volunteer offering your talents and input
- Help build your community and the world-wide movement of Humanistic Judaism with your tangible support and formal affiliation.
Kol Hadash offers three types of yearly membership, due on September 1st of the year. Payments can be made installments upon request.
* Family Membership: $580 (2+ adults) donation
* Individual Membership: $330 donation
* Full-time Student Membership: $55 donation
If joining during March, April or May, amount is reduced by 50%. If joining in June or after, amount is reduced by 75%. Cost of New Years Services for nonmembers can be fully credited towards membership if joining before November 1st.
Special arrangements can be made for individuals or families who may need financial assistance—please call 510-428-1492. We aspire to make KH membership accessible to all who wish to join.
By completing our membership application, and submitting it with your check, you will be enrolled as a member of Kol Hadash, the Northern California Community for Humanistic Judaism, and also of the National Society for Humanistic Judaism (SHJ) and the International Federation of Secular and Humanistic Jews (IFSHJ).